Your commercial garage door can say a lot about your business. Your garage door may be one of the first things people see when arriving at your business and you want to make sure it makes a good first impression. It can be difficult to decide which garage door is right for your business, and there are some things you should think about before choosing a commercial garage door.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Door
When you are in the market for a commercial garage door, you should consider:
- Frequency of Use – How often is your commercial garage door going to be used? If your garage door is going to be constantly opening and shutting, you may need a more heavy-duty garage door that is more durable such as steel door. For applications with less traffic, a lighter steel door may be a better fit.
- Security – If your company has valuable inventory, equipment, or other assets, security is probably very important you. Consider getting a garage door that has rigidity making breaking in much more difficult.
- Insulation – It is important to consider R-value rating when choosing a commercial garage door. Doors with higher levels of insulation may have a higher initial cost but they offer many benefits including improved energy efficiency, better climate control, and improved noise reduction.
- Visual Appeal – For some businesses, their garage door is the first thing the customer sees. In these instances, choosing a door that is aesthetically appealing will help to make a good first impression.
- Size – Garage doors come in many different sizes, so you will need to choose a garage door that best fits your application and traffic flow.
- Fireproofing – You will need a fire door that offers protection from fires if your building uses flammable equipment or materials.
Types of Commercial Garage Doors
There are a many different types of commercial garage doors to choose from including:
- Sectional garage doors – Versatile, durable, compliments many aesthetics
- Rolling steel doors – Help keep your business safe and secure
- High-speed doors – Fast opening and closing for high traffic areas and energy efficiency
- Full Vision doors – See through doors for restaurants, service stations, car dealerships and more
- Fire Doors – Provide protection from fires in hazardous applications
Choose a Garage Door Company That Is Trusted and Reliable
Another important factor when choosing a garage door for your business is working with a garage door company that is reliable and trusted. Twin City Garage Door is the team you can trust for garage door installation in the Twin Cities Metro area. We have many high-quality doors to choose from to fit your needs and budget. TCGD also provides service and maintenance for commercial garage doors, so you will know who to call down the road if you need maintenance or repairs. To learn more, contact us today.